Sunday, July 26, 2009

All Purpose Quiche

Not all of my family loves quiche, but they will all eat it without complaining. (which is pretty good considering my family of 9!) Quiche works for me because 1) I can add a variety of ingredients (veggies, meats, etc) and 2) I take a short cut by using pre-made pie crusts.

My original, before variations, recipe comes from the More-with-Less cookbook. Here's my recipe:

All Purpose Quiche
1 9" pie crust (I use Pillsbury's pre-made crusts)
3 eggs
2 cups milk/dairy products (at least half of it should be milk)
1 cup sauteed veggies/ meat/ etc.
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Line the pie plate with the crust. Fold under the edges. Cover the bottom of the crust with the extra ingredients. Top with shredded cheese. Mix eggs, dairy products and seasonings; pour into crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. The quiche will be done when the crust is brown and a knife comes out of the center clean. Let it cool 5 minutes before serving.

This last week I made a quiche with Swiss chard, onions, garlic, and sharp cheddar cheese. I also made one with tomatoes, broccoli, bacon and Swiss cheese. We have a lot of vegetables ready in the garden, so I anticipate more quiches this summer.

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...