Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Cleaning

I remember cleaning as a kid on Saturday mornings. We were allowed to watch a little of the Saturday morning cartoons, but then we often cleaned the house. My mom is a spectacular house-keeper, so the house was never really very messy. Just the vacuuming, dusting, and bathroom cleaning. I remember mostly this duster-thingy that was like a Swiffer on steroids.

Well, it's late Saturday morning, and MY kids are supposed to be cleaning, folding laundry, working in the garden and baking. But what do I hear upstairs?

"Stay away from me if you value your life."
"I take no prisoners."
"Kill! Kill! Kill!"
"Shhhhh ... mom will hear us and then we're really in trouble."
"JERK!"
"Owwwww!"
"Don't cry for me Argentina ................."
"Has anyone seen mom?"

Somehow, I think it would be wise if I got a little more involved up there. Especially if I really want the house cleaned.

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...