Monday, January 5, 2009

My Marvelous Family

While I tire of the shallow hoopla at Christmas, I am overwhelmingly grateful for the long break that we all get each year. Our whole culture seems to say, "Lets have some family time."

Having all of my children home was heaven for me. It went by far too quickly. I could have used more days of conversations, meals, laughter, and "chillaxing" with my delightful offspring. We cooked, cleaned, played, opened gifts, and spent time with cousins. Having 9 people share limited space can be a bit challenging, but they only occasionally annoyed one another.

I love who they are and who they are becoming. I get a kick out of their interactions and more grown up relationships. Each child has a great sense of humor and a fascinating personality. I've always strongly felt that if I didn't think my children were the most wonderful people in the world, who else would? And for these kids, it's the absolute truth!

The "true meaning" of Christmas is not family, but Jesus, Son of God & Son of Man. However, the togetherness and closeness of family is a marvelous perk of the holidays!

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...