Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Even the Smallest Victories Should be Celebrated!

Some people climb mountains; others perform brain surgery. People make million dollar deals for corporations or run for Senate seats or save children from burning buildings. Every day men, women and children accomplish incredible things. Media coverage shares these victories so that the whole world can celebrate anothers accomplishments.

Me? I got my toilet clean. And I'm really quite happy and proud of myself. This toilet has been a homemaker's thorn in my flesh. Since we bought the house, this bathroom fixture has had layer upon layer of hard water scum and crud. I've scrubbed and tried all kinds of cleaners.

But today was a day for miracles! God's grace was on me. That which was gross is now sparkling clean. God is indeed good to me!


1 comment:

Karisma said...

That's great Tam!

Tony asked me how my "automatic tub cleaner" was doing the other day.... as the Comet that has been sprinkled in it is still there- 2 months later?! He even mentioned the scrub brush that laid in there with it. Amazing how that Bald Man inside the Mr. Clean bottle has not yet appeared at my house...

I'm soooooo proud of you! And thanks for the visual too. :O)

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...