Monday, October 29, 2007

Why blog?

"Why blog?" a good friend asked. Good question. With a bajillion bloggers out there, who's to say that anyone would ever stumble onto my mom-ly ramblings. One of my children was appalled that I was going to write one. "No Mom!" she moaned, "I don't want to be a blog child." Fair enough. So, why write?

When I was in high school, and people would ask what I wanted to do (assuming I'd grow up) and I would reply that I was going to write. In college, I was even more convinced that I wanted to write. Wasn't that what successful English majors did? Instead, I had a houseful of very literate children. For the past 20-plus years I've written piles of to do lists, lesson plans for every genre of literature and period of history, the occaisional Christmas letter and sporadic entries into my "memoirs."

"You should write a book," a curious young mom said to me one day. She herself couldn't comprehend my household of 7 homeschooled children. So I thought I'd try my hand at blogging. Perhaps in the context of this mix of little paragraphs I'll find the stuff of a book. If not, I'll have exercised my brain a little more, and that's a good thing.

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...