Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Garden

Originally, I was a reluctant gardener.  Many years ago, my husband dug up our first little 4’ x 6’ garden.  The idea of growing and eating fresh vegetables was appealing.  However, with little children, I found it hard to get out into the yard and work in the dirt.
  
Times have changed at the Prichard home.  Kids have grown and no longer need me every minute of the day.  I still don’t feel like I have “free time", but I have more freedom in how I allocate my time.  A few years ago, the older kids helped me take up quite a bit of square feet of sod  from my backyard. Every year I take up a little more.  

I'm always amazed at how those vegetables grow.  I plant some seeds or seedlings in the ground and before too long, I've got something I can eat at my kitchen table.

Here are some pictures of the beginnings of my garden this year.






No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...