Friday, July 22, 2011

“Train Up a Child “

Or is it “The fruit doesn’t fall too far from the tree”?

Have you ever noticed how your children have picked up your habits?  I recently observed a couple of my daughters standing with their hands on their hips.  Where do you think they got that?  Hmm ….  How about that tendency to hide away in a bedroom when the world has gotten to be a bit much?  Lately I’ve been noticing some definite “Prichard traits” that are surfacing in my children.  We read; we laugh; we tease and use sarcasm far too often; we work hard and help one another.

Raising children is an incredible delight and responsibility.  Not only can I share some of my favorite things about life, but I can be a bad example and lead them into some not-so-beneficial habits.


July 22, 2011 059

This afternoon, I took my son with me to a coffee shop for some reading and writing.  Now I’m wondering … is this a good thing or a bad habit?  It’s definitely a "Momma Prichard thing".

What are you showing your kids about life?

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...