Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drunken Tofu & Rice

OK, so I made the recipe up.  I don't think there's any official recipe with this name, but it has a fun ring to it, don't you think?  To be honest, I was using up a bit of tofu with my first veggies harvested from my garden, and I wasn't sure what liquid to add.  I poured a little Merlot on the mixture, making the tofu pink, and therefore "drunken."

Drunken Tofu & Rice
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 large kohlrabi, diced
1 1/2 c. chopped Swiss chard
1/3 c. diced firm tofu
3 leaves of holy basil, chopped  (a Thai herb)
1/4 c. red wine
3 c. cooked rice

Heat the oil in a large fry pan or wok.  Add the next 6 ingredients in their given order. cooking the vegetables until soft.  Add the basil and wine and heat through.  Add the cooked rice and serve hot.

                              

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...