Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wascally Wabbit

When I started my garden, I had this vision of mixing practical with pretty.  I planted annuals and vegetables together.  Instead of one big plot with straight rows, I had four smaller plots with artistically placed plantings.  (At least I thought so.)

My Nemesis, the rabbit, has forced me to fence in my garden making it much less attractive.  I got especially tired of having my peas and beans eaten to the ground. The chicken wire is ugly, and it's made weeding and harvesting a real pain in the butt.  Literally.  I have to either lean over the fencing, or carefully crouch between the rows. 

A couple of weeks ago, I accused my cats of getting in the garden and eating the tops of my beans and peas.  I've had to apologize to them, because I've discovered the real culprit.  Last week I had just finished watering when I noticed a rabbit in the yard.  That nasty animal rose up on his back legs, looked at me and JUMPED OVER THE FENCE!  Can you believe it?  I screamed and chased this fiend out of my garden.  I stomped and grumbled and complained to anyone within hearing.  I was so angry that I even scared my friendly cardinals and robins went into hiding.

Can't you just see the criminal element in this thief? 



My sentiments exactly ......


No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...