Thursday, July 7, 2011

Favorite Utensils


In these days of electronic gadgets, many people just have to buy the newest and latest bit of technology.  I was pretty excited to just have a phone without a cord.  Having one that takes videos, downloads stuff from the internet, helps plan your day, AND makes phone calls is simply astounding.

But I’m a simple woman.  Give me a practical item that helps me in the kitchen or to be more organized and I’m sold!  It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or be over-the-top fancy.  The more practical, the better.
Let me introduce you to two of my favorite gadgets.  They were both given to me as gifts from my husband.  (I do need to clarify that they were gifts that I picked out … and even put in the cart … so that I could get what I wanted.)

100_8243

My first helpful tool is my new Pampered Chef can opener. It’s works like magic as it demagnetizes the lid from the can.  It doesn’t leave that sharp edge that makes washing the can out for recycling a perilous job.


My other sweet tool is my label maker.  This one I actually pointed out on the shelf at Sam’s Club, fully expecting it to make it’s way into the cart and then into a gift bag for Mother’s Day.  (My expectations were justified considering I added an “or else” to the instructions on how to buy what Mom wants as a gift!)

100_8240

If  you come to my house, you’ll find a lot of evidence of this handy gadget’s use.  The shelves in my homeschool room, the shelves of the pantry, the linen closet, my various binder, files and notebooks, all have nifty labels.  If you want to find a Newberry Award winning book, gluten-free snacks, Educational Computer games, or beach towels my labels will lead you straight to those specific items.


Since I like to share, I’ve taken my label-maker out to the church.  Now, there’s no reason to get lost in the kitchen … everything is well-labeled!

What’s your favorite gadget?  What handy-dandy item has made your life easier or just plain more fun?

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...