Sunday, October 26, 2008

Facebook Frenzy

A little over the week ago, I joined the ranks of the bajillion people, young and old, on Facebook. Friends and family had been bugging me to do this so that they could communicate a little more.

Oh my! What had I gotten myself into? Walls, Profiles, Photos & Postings, Chats, Messages and Status comments. Is it a social networking tool, a contest to see who could have the most friends, or just another way to use up lots of time? Do I really want to get involved? Is it too late to delete all of my information and hide?

Unfortunately, I've found that I'm really enjoying the connections and conversations. (I say "unfortunately" because there has been a price to pay ... a good bit of my time has been spent on it.) Within a day, I had 13 friends. A week later, I have 63 friends. I get to hear about the little "stuff" that goes on in the lives of my friends and family. I can see pictures of my sister-in-laws grand Halloween party. I find out who has a headache and who is baking cookies.

I'm seeing that this is a great site for those extraverted, social animals. However, as my husband put it, for an introvert it's a net loss. As I explained to him how you post your status, update your profile, and uploaded pictures he was a bit overwhelmed.

Will I stay on Facebook? Absolutely. Will I spend time on it that I should probably spending elsewhere? Of course.

Gotta go.... gonna chat with an on-line Friend.....

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...