Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Leaves

I feel sorry for people who live in areas where the seasons don't change very much. I love spring, summer, fall and winter. Fall is my all-time favorite. I love the colors of the leaves. Every year I have couple of drives that I have to take ... Nerstrand to the Big Woods and the Minnesota River in St. Peter. I especially love the sumac!

We have 4 fairly large, leafy trees in our yard which means lots of raking. This year my husband had a "brilliant" idea. Instead of bagging the leaves, he thought it might save time to put them directly into the large 15 passenger van. We raked them all into one large pile by the curb. Conveniently under a tree, the kids climbed up the tree and jumped into the pile. Great fun was had by all.

By the way, the idea worked. It still took two trips and we had to sweep and mop the van; Jim and Ryan were quite a sight "shoveling" leaves out of the van.














No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...