Thursday, October 9, 2008

Movie Review: Why Did I Get Married?

Curled up in bed last night, feeling sick, I indulged in a movie. Thanks to $1 at Redbox, I picked up this Tyler Perry movie. I'm not a big Janet Jackson fan and never fully trust the acting ability of pop music stars, but this movie was cute, insightful and great for someone feeling too yucky to think or feel very intensely.

The precis of the plot: 4 couples gather annually to discuss how to make their marriages better. With that kind of intentional planning, you would think that these folks wouldn't find themselves in such predicaments. Every marriage has significant problems and secrets that come out in the course of the movie.

The story line was predictable, but I found the dialogue a hoot. Probably because I'm a white, Midwestern, Scandinavian mom. I've never talked to my friends or enemies like these women talked to each other. Even if you bleeped out any swearing it was colorful.

Every now and then you need a movie that's sweet and a little mindless. My flu didn't go away but the few chuckles did me good.

No comments:

It's OK to be Sad

It's OK to be sad.  It's OK to feel lonely. It's OK to be angry.  The Lord gives no injunctions against these emotions; he only ...